Chillies are synonymous with heat, but the humble chilli can do a lot more than just put a fire in your belly.
Here are six things to do with chillies:
- Jammed - Sweeten the heat by making chilli jam and pairing with Thai fishcakes or tempura prawns.
- Iced - Chilli takes on a whole new sensation when chilled. Combine it with the sublime flavour of mango for a sorbet with a difference.
- Pickled - Place chillies in salted water with some coriander seeds and garlic, then add them to burgers or tacos.
- Fermented - Make a super hot sauce to serve with barbecued meat by fermenting chillies with garlic, onion and spices to suit your blend. Try sugar and ginger for your own sriracha.
- Dried - Dehydrate chillies and then grind them into a powder to sprinkle over pasta or create a fiery harissa for salads.
- Salted - Preserve chillies in salt and use as a garnish over steamed snapper for a Szechuan twist.